From CamposantoJump to navigation Jump to search
Pywikipediabot is a bot function ran using the command prompt. It is a semi-automated editing tool used on wikis.
- Download Python v2.x from the official Python site.
- Download a nightly build of the Pywikipediabot software. Then decompress the downloaded file.
- Create a shortcut to the folder using the instructions found on MediaWiki.org.
Connecting to wiki
- Open up command prompt and get to your pywikipediabot file from there.
- Enter in generate_family_file.py.
- Type out the URL of the wiki (e.g. http://simpsons.shoutwiki.com/wiki/).
- Type out a short name for the family file (e.g.simpsons).
- Wait for it to generate the file.
Connecting to account
- Open up your pywikipediabot file.
- Open the file user-config.py with notepad (by right-clicking and going to open with).
- Enter in the following data:
mylang = 'en' usernames['Family Name']['en'] = u'Account Name' family = 'Family Name'
Replace Family Name with the name of the Family (see above instructions) and Account Name with the name of your bot account.
- 4. Save the file as user-config.py (make sure you type .py at the end).